Last Minute Christmas Cards

I made a special card for my Mom, because she just loves my hand-made cards, especially at Christmas time.

I used two carts for this card; Christmas Solutions (aka Noël) and Joys of the Season. I cut a Fireplace and a wreath from Joy of the Season cart, and I cut the red Ribbon Garland and the layered green Christmas Tree from the Christmas Solutions (Noël) cart.



I started with a pre-printed card from the DCWV Winter Box of Cards Holiday Collection.


I assembled it all together on a shimmery green piece of cardstock from DCWV Metallic Stack.

I cut green cardstock (shown here is a sample template using yellow) to the dimensions of the card and cut two slots in the back to make the Fireplace pop-up.


Here is the template I used to position the slots.


Here is how it should look (side view).


I embossed the front of the card with my Cuttlebug and a folder from the Winter Collection.


Here is what the front of the card looks like with the embossing.


Here is the finished product assembled together.
I used the Joys of the Season Cricut Cartridge for the cut-outs.
You'll notice I cut two fireplaces and stacked one on the other with pop-dots.
I also cut four separate fire logs; one in yellow, orange, brown; and gray for the grill, stacked accordingly. I added rhinestones where appropriate for some added bling! I also stamped "Merry Christmas" from an Inkadinkado set on the background with embossing adhesive and fine green glitter.

And, as always, I add my trademark logo/signature on the back of each card.
This printing was created with Gel Pens in my Cricut and using my SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) application.

Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge used for this project.
Joys of the Season sample sheet of shapes.


Cricut Solutions Christmas Noël cartridge

Christmas Noël sample sheet


I hope you enjoyed my card, and that it inspires you to create your own.

1 comment:

Lynn B. said...

What wonderful cards!

Post a Comment